Least Cost Routing (LCR) is a simple process that finds the cheapest way to route your phone calls, allowing you to save on your monthly telephone bill. If you are in a small to large corporate, the more calls your office makes, the greater your potential savings will be.
How it works
Least Cost Routing re-routes the dialled number of your outgoing call to the cellular Network with the lowest call charges.
- You make an outgoing call.
- The PABX examines the call and decides which Network the call is intended for i.e. Telkom, Vodacom, Cell C, MTN or international.
- It redirects the call to the relevant cellular router (basically a mobile phone).
- The router dials the number and sends the call via your lowest-cost carrier.
The router carries a standard cellphone SIM card and only makes one call at a time. That's why it's important to analyse your business to decide how many outgoing routers are needed to ensure your on-going connectivity and optimised cost savings. Callsave will do an in depth analysis to ensure you have the optimum number of routers installed.
4 Reasons to consider LCR
- You will make significant cost savings on national and cellphone calls.
- You are ensured the best call rates on the Cell C, MTN and Vodacom networks.
- You will get detailed management reporting and call statistics.
- All LCR equipment is provided free of charge